Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedals – Review
Ordering and shipping
The Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals featured in this review were purchased from Amazon (link*: https: //www. amazon.com/AddOn-Thrustm-SIM-Pedals-Pedalset/dp/B07YFDL1JW) and delivered after one business day. However, they are equally available from various other online retailers or the manufacturer itself (link, but at MSRP of 199.99€: https://shop.thrustmaster.com/de_de/t-lcm-pedals.html).
The shipping was done in my case with DHL in an accurately fitting neutral shipping box.
Scope of delivery
The extensive scope of delivery of the pedals includes:
- The pre-assembled pedals
- Connection cable for USB and Thrustmaster base
- Springs and washers to change the brake feel
- Plates to mount on the pedals
- Assembly tool
- Instruction and drill template including quickguide
Compatibility and software
The manufacturer writes the following about compatibility:.
This product is compatible with PC (Windows 10/8/7), as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
On PC (via USB) with Windows 10/8/7 compatible with all racing wheels on the market. In PC games (via USB cable), the resolution of the T-LCM pedal is 16 bits per pedal. On PS4 and Xbox One consoles, compatible with Thrustmaster T-GT, T300, T150, TS-XW, TX and TMX racing wheels. In PS4 and Xbox One games (viaRJ12 cable), the resolution of the T-LCM pedal is 12 bits per pedal.
Software is not required for PC operation, they are directly recognized under Windows 10 and appear as game controllers.
If you want to recalibrate the pedals or make other adjustments, you will need to download Thrustmaster’s TM Sim Pedals Calibration Tool: TM_Sim_Pedals_Calibration_Tool_V2_15.zip.
Features and technical data
- Pedals made of 100% metal: Even though some product images make it seem like these are plastic pedals, both the pedal arms and heads are made of 100% metal, making them extremely sturdy.
- Throttle and clutch pedals with Hall sensors: Both the throttle and clutch pedals are equipped with Hall sensors, which are virtually maintenance and wear-free, giving them an advantage over the potentiometers normally used in this price range. Thrustmaster promises unlimited life and maximum precision in racing sessions with up to 16-bit resolution at 65,536 values per pedal.
- Brake pedal with 100kg loadcell. The brake pedal of Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedals is equipped with a loadcell almost unusual for this price range, which is very generous at 100 kilograms. Unlike potentiometers, the braking force of a loadcell is not determined via the travel, but via the braking pressure. Thus, a much more sensitive braking is possible compared to, for example, the T3PA pedals, which can also be found in the range of Thrustmaster.
- Housing made of plastic: The housing of the pedals is made of plastic, unlike the pedals themselves, but still makes a solid impression. Of course, the use of metal would have been desirable here, but a look at the price of the pedals quickly relativizes this desire.
Using the calibration software, various paraters can be adjusted to your own needs. The lower controller lets is responsible for the required brake pressure. In addition, dead zones can be set up separately for the throttle, brake and clutch at the upper and lower end respectively.
Even though the pedal arms are fixed and do not allow adjustment, the pedals themselves can be adjusted in three different ways. For an offset to the left or right, it is sufficient to mount the pedal plates accordingly one drill hole further to the right or left. The same option is available for the height of the pedals, which can also be changed by an offset mounting. As a third option, the inclination of the pedals can be adjusted by adding plastic heals.
If you want to adjust the brake feel, you can do so with the supplied springs:
- Dark gray
- 5 washers
An explanation of each spring and instructions for adjustment can be found at https://coachdaveacademy.com/tutorials/how-to-set-up-the-thrustmaster-t-lcm-pedals-for-acc/.
The Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals are a real value for money recommendation. With a 100 kilo loadcell and Hall sensors on the throttle and clutch, there is absolutely nothing left to be desired for a pedal set for under 200€. Then you can also overlook a plastic housing, especially in view of the many included customization options. Here you definitely do nothing wrong for the proclaimed price.
- Price-performance ratio
- Customization options
- Loadcell and Hall sensors
- Plug & Play
- Materials of the pedals for the price class
- Plastic housing