Hardly a week goes by without at least one manufacturer presenting a new product aimed at the simracing market. This time, SOELPEC joins the party by presenting its own commercial steering wheel, the Spectra XR. It can be pre-ordered on the Turkish manufacturer’s website from April for 1,499€ + tax. It comes standard with two carbon paddles and a double clutch.
SOELPEC Spectra XR: https://soelpec.com/products/soelpec-spectra-xr
- 305mm Wheel Diameter
- 5 Inch Touchscreen Display
- 15x Push Buttons and 2x 7-way Switches
- 3x Center Encoders With Push Buttons
- 2x Dual-action Thumb Encoders With 8 Inputs
- Fully Customizable RGB Illumination
- 27 Additional Configurable LEDs Around the Display
- Telemetry Configurable Backlights
- 55A Overmold PU Grips
- 6.8N and 9.6N Force Tactile Switches
- Fully 6061 Aluminum Anodized Structure with Laser Etched Details
- Customizable Carbon Fiber Center Plate
- PMMA Button Covers and Led Diffusers
- High-quality Textured Polyester Film Stickers
- Ball Bearing Magnetic Shifters
- Ball Bearing Dual-clutches With Hall Sensors
The most interesting point, apart from the relatively large diameter of 305 millimetres, is probably the VoCore display used, which, like the LEDs, is controlled via Simhub and is thus freely configurable. In addition to the 15 buttons, two 7-way switches and a total of 5 encoders should provide enough functionality for every simracer.
Four colours, compatibility with Asetek
The steering wheel is offered in four colour variants at the start. In addition, all icons and texts can be selected according to your own wishes at no extra charge.
SOELPEC is currently working on direct compatibility with the wheelbases from Asetek, which will be possible natively in the future.
Below you will find some detailed pictures of the Spectra XR.