Fanatec has just introduced the second version of their very popular McLaren GT3 Wheel. It is a replica of the real McLaren steering wheel and offers some improvements to the first version of Fanatec.
- Upgrade the Shifter to Magnetic Shifters
- Improved and simplified quick release (tool-free)
- Stiffening of the clutch pedals
- OLED display now in white
- 12-positions rotary switch (known from Formula V2)
- improved electronics with components from the Formula V2
The biggest difference is the upgrade of the shifters, which fixes the biggest vulnerability of the first version. This was without a doubt the switching feeling, which is raised to a new level by the use of magnets. The use of the new simplified Quickrelease is also a significant plus compared to the old CSL quickrelease, for which tools had to be used.
- X-Box Compatibility
- Dual-coupling system with analog clutch levers and shifter
- OLED display
- Rocker switch, 12-position rotary switch, laser-engraved P & N (Pit & Neutral) buttons with mount and Snapdome technology, Fanatec FunkySwitch™ (7 functions) and 7 additional buttons with interchangeable button caps
- Rubber-coated handles (similar to the original GT3 steering wheel)
- Interchangeable Button Caps
- Weight: 1090g with easy Quickrelease / 1280g with ClubSport Quickrelease
The new steering wheel is compatible with the following wheelbases (current drivers are required).
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® (PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 PS4™)
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™